It's been over 4 months since my last post. I can't believe its been that long but then again I can. I was a little lost for awhile, I probably still am to a degree but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I'm making my way in the right direction again.Finding your feet in a new job is hard especially when I'd been so successful in my last role. I left because I was bored and wow what a challenge to be a fish out of water. My team finished the month at 107% to plan, I personally 116% WooP!!! I am a person driven to succeed, I've worked many hours above contract lately and it's all now paying off as I've also set myself up for this month & next. This though in turn meant I neglect prioritizing my fitness and more so my weightloss.
So let's be honest what this means, I've put on weight, I started this round with a number I said I would never see again but here it is Triple digits. The irony at Sydney finale I was at my 2012 Sydney finale weight, I felt like a fraud. The original deal was noSydney unless I lost 8kg for the round not only did I not lose the weight I put on 4kg. I let alcohol creep back into my regime food was good not great. I stuck to the meal plans but the extra calories found their way in from alcohol & late night snacking.
I am currently the Christmas Grinch. I can't come to terms that the year is nearly over, I've achieved little of the list of goals I set myself, we can argue external factors of injury but that means nothing to me right now. I feel that I have failed myself. As I'm writing this I'm faced by the slogan of my favourite workout clothing brand "NEVER NEVER NEVER GIVE UP..." I'm not giving up that's for sure but can the universe send a tail wind my way? I set myself around 20 goals for 2013 broken down into monthly timelines below is 4 I achieved.
2013 Pre Injury
- Could Run over 8km
- 1km Time trial in 5.05
2013 Post Injury
- Career Change
- 200km Ride to Conquer Cancer
The irony I was injured in Feb I achieved as much in the first 2 months of the year as I did in the last 10.
I'm hating the bombardment on Facebook at the moment about bringing forward 2014. Hot tip: If your not willing to change today, January 1st is no different. There are 16 days of your life you are about to waste because you think the hand of a clock can change your mindset or life. Time is the most precious commodity we have, you won't hear a terminally ill person wish their days away because the start of the year offers new hope. TAKE ACTION!
Walking my Talk I now have a PT who is helping me strengthen my Glutes & Hamstring, so I'm no longer twisting my hamstring and pulling knee out of alignment. I've been seeing Trent for only 3 weeks and I no longer have to wear a knee brace all day, everyday.
| Ballarat Cycle Classic |
I have found an awesome cycling group Tenax Ride Group and will ride with them most weekends moving forward to further strengthen the glutes & develop my bike prowess.
First goal of the year 100km Ballarat Cycle Classic - 16th Feb (Eeek Hills)
Second goal is 145km RACV Great Ocean & Otway Classic Ride 2014 - 22nd Mar (I won't be registering for this event till after Ballarat Cycle as I need to find out how my knee handles the gradients suring this ride) but it will be a great welcome home from Thailand as I will return back to the country only 2 days prior.
![]() |
| Me when cycling up the hill after Deans Marsh |
Time to live life and pull myself away from the PC. I have a busy day ahead, which the puppies may or may not meet Santa and have their photo taken :D


No comments:
Post a Comment