Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Happy Fitiversary to Me :D

It's my Fitiversary!

Today marks 12 months since 12WBT Round 2, 2012 begun.

Pre-Season had been a write off as I had won an all expenses paid Foodie Holiday to Tasmania.  There was alot of wine, cheese, & degustation dinners so I never began my journey until I hit home soil the first day of the round.

I personally signed up to 12WBT as I had two work colleagues talking about doing it & a friend asking me if I would do it with her for morale support.  I honestly thought yep another Michelle Bridges endorsement I'll pay my $199 and that will be it.  Well how wrong could I have been?

It's been one of the best years of my life.  I have gained my power back, I no longer see brick walls in my life they are obstacles to climb over.

I believe what makes this program so successful for me is that

  • It got me to set goals for myself just not in heath & fitness but life.
  • I learnt to prioritize myself.  I cut back working so much unpaid overtime and focused on personal value add activities.
  • It has taught me the difference between a diet & lifestyle change.  This isn't 12 weeks, or 12 months the principals are everyday for the rest of my life.  I can eat any meal I want but it comes down to preparation, ingredients & portion size.
  • I CAN DO ANYTHING! With the right attitude and training everything is possible.
  • The community:  Local Facebook group Western Suburb Warriors & 30+ Crew provided me massive amounts of support & fitspiration, I have been blessed and met some awesome people who will be in my life for a very long time and if last night is any indication we may even die together some day ;)  
  • The celebration of success: The finale party.  It's a checkpoint to let your hair down reflect on how far everyone has come, the achievements & closing of goals.   You have the opportunity to meet people far & wide who had inspired and supported you.  Every 12 weeks it's like a family reunion




3 comments:

  1. LMAO "and if last night is any indication we may even die together some day ;) : hahahahaha, yes, nothing like a near death experience in a lift to bring you together x
    Congrats Dayna on a brilliant year. I look forward to the next 12 months with you & seeing you smash some amazing goals x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dayna, you were a pretty girl before, you are positively beautiful and radiant and sparkling now. 12 months, it's gone by in a flash hasn't it, we started in the same round. Onward and downward, right? :-)

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done D and even though I wasn't there to almost die with you Julie and princess, I may well be the death of you or vice versa. You are a strong woman and one that has helped me a lot over the last 12 months. Sheesh you were the one that got me to do my first fun run, now look what you have done.

    ReplyDelete