Thursday, May 30, 2013

Own it, move away from the excuses.



Another 400 gram gain this week, if I wanted to play the blame game I could make up an excuse it's TTOM. But I know I haven't done all that I should have this week and honestly from my previous rounds of 12WBT TTOM were low weight loss weeks but they were never a gain.  

I see people throwing this excuse around a lot. "It's TTOM it's OK to accept a gain I will lose it next week"  But I see it this way, you maybe hormonal, that may see you searching the cupboards for a fix but the choice at the end of the day is yours if you choose to indulge.  If you are hydrating your body enough during TTOM and your nutrition is spot on you are not going to hold on to 2kg of fluid.

Here's a list of reasons why I put weight on TTOM

  • Water Intake has been around 1.5-2 litres per day, I need to increase this.
  • I didn't flex my willpower muscle enough, I drank a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon over 3 nights with dinner.
  • Friday/ Saturday night I drank half a bottle of Chivas Scotch neat.


So is it TTOM or is it my choices?

There has been no physical activity this week either I contacted 12WBT Support yesterday to see if they can guide me with a program that is seated or can be completed on a bench.  Unfortunately my gym membership means nothing to me at the moment as all the strength machines are another floor only accessible by stairs.
12WBT came through and I have a list of upper body I can do seated.

I have 5 more working days until I leave my current job the last few weeks have flown.  It's sad that I haven't been able to get around to say my last goodbyes to my clients due to my knee.  Looking forward to tomorrow and having a few cheeky drinks with my team to celebrate the last 8 years.

I'm in the midst of successive bad knee days, the constant pain is ridiculous.  Elevating my leg with a wheat bag isn't helping anymore.   I'm over the crutches the sides of my body are black and blue.  All I can say is crutches are awesome cardio though I haven't felt this unfit in so long ;)

I have already been on the search for ideas for the next finale dress.  I'm hoping that I can shift around 6kgs this round due to my lack of movement.  So far the below two have caught my eye.  I think the purple one will need to wait a while as I would like to have more toned legs before I dare to wear this length.







2 comments:

  1. Sensational dresses, hold onto those as your motivation, heck even cut out a pic of your head and pop it on top so you can visualise it. You can do it Dayna, you haven't come this far to go backwards. Keep the faith.

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You CAN do this Dayna!!! You know you can!!! I know you can! And that black dress is sensational! What a goal!! xx

    ReplyDelete