To put things in perspective I'm lucky to watch 1-2 hours of TV per week so watching 2-3 hours a day is driving me insane!!! The boredom leads me to hobble into the fridge and pantry. My only saving grace is how clean I keep both so snacks are healthy but there are just too many within my day. From today everything is being entered into MyFitnessPal and I will eat 1200 calories.
I wrote a blog entry about fibre last year. General rule is for a healthy digestive system what I have read Women want at least 21-25g & Men 30-38g of fibre per day. I am not snacking at all in the morning when adding the booster to my cereal as another plus for fibre is it keeps you fuller for longer :) As you can see from the photo on the right Xenia approves and would like to eat Fibre booster too :)
Each 20g serve of the booster gives you 8.5g of dietry fibre, 40% of recommended daily intake. Ingredients within the booster: Psyllium husk, Carob powder, Linseed Meal, Oat Meal, & Slippery Elm Bark Powder. I used to only find this at IGA & Maxi supermarkets but have been surprised and delighted by now finding it at selected Coles Supermarkets. I have brought from the website I have linked you too before and they are an awesome company to deal with in all products natural and it's where I buy my Cacao Powder from for the bites.
So for a injury update I have been booked in for an MRI on Friday as knee keeps giving in and folding underneath me. The pain comes and goes in waves depending on feet time. Driving is still painful and a activity I'm avoiding. It's not the driving per say but when I need to brake which is the issue. So I have a couple of days off work this week as driving is a large portion of my daily job as I weave my way between client appointments. I need good news, I need a time frame of recovery, I need some exercises I can do that don't require my knee ;) I need to run!!!
I have just entered this weeks Weekly Surprise with a triptych photograph. From my first fun run in July 12 to Race 1 Brooks Sunset Series at the Tan. It amazes me how much I look like a runner these day I guess that's because I am a runner these days...
From humble beginnings at 122.5kg to 93kg running is no longer a heart palpitating chore but one of my favourite activities. It is a constant battle of the mind as you push past your limits and negotiate with self where the finish line is.
I love to alternate my runs between morning and night as each brings a different atmosphere, & mindset challenge.
Before I go a little cooking tip...
I made Crustless Blueberry Cheesecakes on Sunday.
This is the second time I've ever cooked them in my 3.25 rounds. They are oh so NoM NoM NoM...
I took up the Mish Tip and substituted half the blueberries for raspberries (What a great decision)
But my tip is cooking them in a muffin tin in paddy papers. I had cooked previously in ramkins and it stuck to the side etc and wasn't the best presentation but paddy papers they glided out cake intact and sat beautifully with a few berries on the side and a dollop of natural yoghurt in a small bowl. Definitely an awesome dish if you have dinner guests over.


Oh Dayna,I hope you get some answers about your knee, particularly that you are enjoying running so much, you look so great in that photo, such determination. You know I haven't made those cheesecakes, I must put them on my radar. Keep the faith Dayna, the knee will get better because you are so much healthier now so your body will heal.
ReplyDeleteCarol
www.finding-carol.blogspot.com