Monday, March 4, 2013

Injuries & Mindset

Went through the motions on Friday for an injury update: MRI followed by a specialist appointment in the afternoon.

The Conclusion: Patella, quadricep & knee fat pad issues.  Still a lot of fluid & inflammation in knee.
Left with an injection of cortisone into the knee cap.  Cortisone should start kicking in from today for pain relief. All issues can fix themselves if I stay off my feet, find a physio, the cortisone works, and I keep taking anti inflammatory drugs.

Stay off my feet Impossible! Life doesn't stop, things always need to be done but I must comply.

Driving has been banned until at least next Monday.  Driving is the worst activity I can do due to the constant 30 degrees angle of acceleration & braking putting pressure on the quadricep. This is a huge issue since my day job is constant driving between client appointments. I have the next week off work to rest & heal. Now to just keep it elevated and stay off it without going LOCO!!!

He predicts I won't be running until mid-late April. The thought of this crushes me. I just think how long it took me to get where I am today & the rate my running fitness will be depleting. I feel like all the goals I set up for myself the next 3 months are cindering away.

  • 6th March: 8km Birthday Run
  • 24th March: 5.5km Run for the Kids (PB time)
  • 12th May: 8km?? Mothers Day Classic ????

I will book into a Physiotherapist next week, and see what their prognosis holds with the strength building exercises they will administer.

Advise I will be prioritising is the need to see a running technique coach. When I'm up and running before anymore fun runs etc I will be enrolling in a clinic. At the moment I have found Running Fit but am open to suggestions if my readers know of others. So Rudimental has released my mantra "I'm gonna be stronger, no, I'm not giving in."  I am to avoid the defeatist attitude.  I'm going to let this body of mine heal and come back stronger than ever! 


Well, it's time to start the show,
Lost my heart and lost my soul.
Now it's the time that you won't know,
Lost my mind and lost my goal.

Mmm, not giving in.
I'm not giving in,
Not giving in,
Ooh I'm not giving in, yeah.

This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in,
This time, I'm gonna be stronger, no, I'm not giving in.

I'm going to eat clean I may not be able to train but the 80% Nutrition rule to losing weight will keep applying. There is no ALL or NOTHING, I'm experiencing a set back in one lifestyle choice it does not need to affect other decisions like the food that enters my mouth.

For my Birthday on Wednesday I had organised friends, & fellow 12WBT'ers to come celebrate with me by completing the 8km Brooks Sunset Series Princes Park Run followed by a well deserved dinner on Lygon St. Since I can't participate my gorgeous man is taking my place and running for me! He is someone who hates to walk for fitness let alone run, I was going to downgrade him to the 4km but for me he is going to Run/Walk the 8km. What a birthday present, love this man! So I will still be participating but in the capacity of cheer squad. I will still have a slice of cake & a glass of wine afterwards but it will be in portion to my goals.


I brought a goal dress last night online to keep me focused and on track. It's a size 12 Little Mistress design. I have no idea at this point how close or far away I am. I would love to say this is my Round 1 finale dress but we will see when it arrives.
It's not the most appropriate dress for a Melbourne's winter night but I'm sure I will be able to find myself the perfect bolero/ jacket to accompany it. If it is not my finale dress Mr G said he will take me out on the town when it does fit.



Wishing you an awesome week go smash your 4 week Milestone :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I'm reading backwards, well you know now Dayna so that's a good thing, you can now work towards getting better. And do what the doctor says!

    Happy belated birthday, and that dress is divine, those colours will look rockin' on you.

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Dayna, it's now been over a month since this post - TIME TO BLOG MY DEAR!!!!

    ReplyDelete