I originally opened my blog to write a pity party entry after seeing the photograph on the right of my Western Suburb Warriors this morning at an SSS garage session Daynaless. Add to that I also arranged a new home for my MS Cycle 50km bib for tomorrows ride and are in the works finding another home for my 15km Samurai Challenge next Saturday and my face was :(But at the end of the day what I am experiencing at the moment is no where near the hardship others are and it was time to put some concrete in my cup of long black.
The news from my specialist appointment yesterday was great. He didn't believe it was a tear of meniscus rather subluxation or in simple terms slight dislocation of knee which also caused soft tissue bruising and I also twisted something below the knee. So this is awesome news as it won't mean surgery it just means Rest Rest Rest, cancelling a few events, training sessions, prescription of anti-inflammatory med's & keeping my knee strapped for 10 days.
Rest is a dirty word for me... It's never been in my vocabulary. Even before I found exercise I'm a person who always had to be doing something. As I'm writing this leg elevated I'm thinking what I can do after this not what I won't be doing.
The thing I need to keep front of mind there will be no Birthday Run without rest and Birthday Run is the goal I want / need to conquer!!!
I've pushed aside the crutches as they will hinder the recovery time. I completed some light walking today doing the odd jobs around town, I knew I'd reached my limit when my knee kept giving in so bee lined for home.
I have my G cooking dinner tonight one of my favourite 12WBT meals Basil & Walnut Pesto Spaghetti with Roast Tomatoes & Pumpkin it was on the menu earlier in the week but I swapped it for my treat meal. If you haven't tried it, it's one dish I highly recommend I may have to top it off with two squares of lindt chocolate & a movie.
Keep moving team & JFDI as I will be living my workouts through you :)

No comments:
Post a Comment