Thursday, January 24, 2013

Weigh in Blues & Pink Triathlon

Was in a world of pain last night, it was the catalyst of my day!!! Injury & Weight gain :(

Yesterday I was in a funk!  I woke up to put on 700g...   If I had a bad week nutrition or fitness wise I would own it and move on but I didn't which plays with the head.  It all started Saturday morning where miraculously over night I put on 1.5kg.  Friday was within calories even with the cheeky Pear Cider at a colleagues farewell drinks, over 3 litres of water was consumed but there was no workout.  Between waking up Saturday and weigh in I smashed out over 2000 calories of workouts, kept my water up everyday to at least 3 litres, stuck to my calories to still weigh in 700g heavier.  I'm happier to say that this morning only 100g remains but I can't wait to see the 93's. The one thing that was different in my diet last week was bread!  I ate sandwiches for 3 of my lunches where normally I'm lucky to have a sandwich once a month if  I'm that way inclined I have mountain bread.  So no sandwiches this week and we will see what happens.  
I know that I've had a bit of dried snot (yes that sounds disgusting) but its a sign of how your body is processing bread as the liver is unable to break down yeast the body processes it through mucus not poo. 
It's also time to bring back the Non Scale wins of the week on a Tuesday so I can minimise the attitude to the numbers on the Wednesday.


So after my Duathlon (thanks Greg ;)) on Tuesday my prediction for Pink Triathlon is 60 minutes...  Last night I completed my first swim flipperless.  I'm a lot slower in the pool without them Doh!  Fin-less my time went from 7.30 to 10.15.  Going from cycle to run is tough the first kilometre the legs are heavy and don't want to co-operate.  Because I will be worn down more because of the swim I'm predicting my run will be circa 25 mins.

The Triathlon event manual has been uploaded I actually thought we would be riding 2 laps around Albert Park lake for the 9km but it appears we will be doing a 3x 3km loop.  I guess it's safer being on the road that a walking/bike track.

Time to get to work and sports therapist.  I pulled something yesterday and I'm in quite a bit of pain but it will not stop me Sunday in the words of Sia "You shoot me down but I won't fall I am titanium"

2 comments:

  1. You guys will be great and i can't wait to see you all out there. I am rather envious that you have all had this to aim for and i haven't. Guess I need to find something to aim at myself, maybe the run for kids will have to be my thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing the 5.5km at Run for the Kids with my SIL. I reckon you could definitely smash out the 15km with Bec :)
      You going to run 8km to celebrate my Birthday?

      Delete