Saturday, January 19, 2013

A week & counting...


This time next week it will be the eve of my first Triathlon...  Does one ever feel prepared entering events like these?  
I have completed some swim training definitely not enough though which is my biggest concern.
Tuesday night I will complete a dualathon as part of my last chance training (I think I just invented a word), seeing how fast I can complete the cycle/ run leg together and I plan on swimming before work.  Tuesday night I will set myself a time to complete Tri within.  At the moment the figure in my head is 40-45 minutes but who knows how realistic that is at this point ;)

I brought my Tri-fit from Skirtsports.  I was just going to wear bathers and then pull on shorts & singlet but I'm thinking this all in one gear is the right decision.. Don't think I will look pretty during the cycle or run but all I'm going to be focusing on is getting across that finish line not who witnessing the rolls along the way.  ;)


I'm going to be crossing the finish line with a fellow 12WBT Warrior Bec & cheering on Jules when she takes off on the swimming podium that's if I can finish within goal time.  My social media time has been tight of late so if I have a few minutes during the week I will provide a brief update with how all the last chance tri training is going.


2 comments:

  1. Dayna, I have such awe and respect for you. This will be the longest week ever leading up to the weekend. I can't wait to read all about it.

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did invent a word as it is duathlon. Close, but doesnt matter what you call it you are out there and going great. I look forward to being there cheering you all on. Go the garage crew....

    ReplyDelete