Why?
I now have SMART goals... (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic & Time Based)
I'm going to achieve many things in 2013...
The overall goal is to reach 65kgs. I've chosen this number as healthy BMI for my height is 69.5kg and ideally I would like to achieve 5kg under that. Now I realise BMI is not for everyone especially if I move onto the 12WBT Lean & Strong program. In the next month I am going to have a Dexa Scan which will provide me with an indication of the actual weight I can achieve. I will be purchasing the 3 scan package so during round 2 & 3 I can check in to see how I am going (Measurable).If we go by last Wednesdays weigh in I have 31.3kg to lose this year.
I want to complete Round 4 with a bang and welcome the 80's for the first time into my adult life.
Week 12 Weigh-in (6th February) Goal : 89.9kg (6.4kg loss in the next six weigh in's (including tomorrow))
12WBT Round 1 2013: Goal 79.9kg (10kg loss) (17th April?) (Lean & Fit Program)
12WBT Round 2 2013: Goal 69.9kg (10kg loss) (10th July?) (10km Program)
12WBT Round 3 2013: Goal 65kg (4.9kg loss) (16th September?) (Lean & Strong)
I believe that the above breakdown is "Realistic" but how will I make it Achievable?
Through being organised, consistent, and accountable to my workout plans. By putting Dayna first before work.
To keep my mindset on track every second month I will be registered for a major event. In the months between I will set mini-milestones.
January: Pink Triathlon (Long Course)
February: Mini-Milestone; run around Sanctuary Lakes with Greg Leitch (Yes Greg, I just committed you to 2nd Feb)
March: 14km Warrior Challenge Obstacle Course
April: Mini-Milestone; TBC
May: 8km Mothers Day Classic
June: Mini-Milestone; TBC
July: 10km Run Melbourne
August: Mini-Milestone; TBC
September: Event TBC
October: Ride to Conquer Cancer
November: Mini-Milestone;TBC
December: Event TBC
| The plan for January, it may change due to not commencing planning at work but it's to the best of my knowledge now |
Other Challenges I will be participating in during January on top of my workout plan
You may have noticed I haven't brought up Nutrition at all... I actually feel this is one element I have under control at the moment. I believe if I want to accelerate my weight loss it comes down to the consistency of my training. If I find at any time this year my nutrition habits are slipping, I will come back and set some goals around this but for now I am very comfortable with following the 12WBT Meal plans & Snack allowances.



Hi Dayna,
ReplyDeleteI love your post and especially the part where you talked about putting yourself first before work - I feel exactly the same - and I know I will struggle! Maybe we can help each other out with it? :)
Sounds good this work-o-holic needs to pull back!!! It will be great to have support from someone in the same situation. No more 40+ hour weeks for this chicken...
Delete