It has been really hard to let go of my fear that high impact exercises will cause injury.
When I started 12WBT on the 4th June I lasted a week before I sustained a knee injury. My Sports Therapist advised me it was a combination of too hard, too fast with running & weight vs. impact exercises. It made sense my joints had carried double the weight they should have for over 20 years! The last thing they needed was hard jolting impact.
So since though first few weeks & after my knee was on the mend and pain free I made sure I eased my way into running slowly & avoided any form of jumping that would cause jolting to my knees.
With over 25kg gone I thought it was about time I tried something with a little knee impact so a month ago I introduced a skip rope, I was so scared to wake up the next day but I did & there was no pain. You would think that this experience alone would give me confidence to move forward but still when I looked on the workout plans I would not attempt a jump squat etc.
Saturday was my day to suck it up! Because between all the boxing combinations were mountain climbers, high knee jumps & push-ups. By the end of the workout I estimate I would of completed 100-150 high knee jumps.
Warm up: Running, Push-ups, Mountain climbers
Round 1-3:
40 jab crosses, 5 left hooks, 5 right hook, 4 ducks, 10 high knee jumps, 20 Mountain climbers, 10 push-ups I honestly lost count how many sets I got though.
Drills:
Run, 20 jab crosses, 2 lh, 2rh, Run, 2 high knee jumps, 10 mountain climbers, 2 push-ups
Run, 40 jab crosses, 4 lh, 4rh, Run, 4 high knee jumps, 10 mountain climbers, 4 push-ups
Run, 60 jab crosses, 6 lh, 6rh, Run, 6 high knee jumps, 10 mountain climbers, 6 push-ups
Run, 80 jab crosses, 8 lh, 8rh, Run, 8 high knee jumps, 10 mountain climbers, 8 push-ups
Run, 100 jab crosses, 10lh, 10rh, Run, 10 high knee jumps, 10 mountain climbers, 10 push-ups
Final Blast:
2 minutes of Mountain climbers
2 minutes of High knee jumps
Cool-down:
Stretching
Everyone by the end of the class was standing around the room exhausted looking at each other subliminally expressing OMG what did she just do to us!
After the 45 minutes of Thump intensity I jumped on the Treadmill to cover 4km in sprint & hill running intervals, 2km/ 15min on the Crosstrainer & 5km on the stationary bike to hit the magic number of 1084 calorie burn. I came back for seconds with a casual ride on my new bike in the evening with G but left the Polar at home.
Today was my first day back at work since the 22nd December. Nooooooo!!!!! I really wasn't ready to return but now soooooo looking forward to taking off in 31 sleeps to Brisbane & then Gold Coast to celebrate with my 12WBT family.
Time to wind down and put my feet up for the night. Have an awesome week and here's to smashing a few fitness test results :)

No comments:
Post a Comment