Sunday, December 30, 2012

Santa has arrived!!!

Santa arrived yesterday it was very exciting he delivered my present to Reid Cycles and I'm a very happy & proud owner of an 2013 Reid Osprey Road Bike.  I can now start training for the Pink Triathlon & The Ride to Conquer Cancer.

I find this bike terrifying! I've never owned or sat on a road bike before, it is a bizarre concept to lean so forward but if I want access to the brakes it's a must. It's going to be another mind over matter challenge, doesn't the saying go It's just like riding a bicycle you never forget... Well I've ridden "a" bicycle before so how hard can it be??? LoL these could be my famous last words ;) And with all this leaning forward I may have to start wearing two bras ;)

While we are still kinda on the topic of Pink Triathlon I completed my very first swim training session today with Bec. OMG well we definitely weren't mermaids in a past life... A 5km run feels so much easier than 300m freestyle in the pool. It honestly felt like my first day of working out! I have no cardio fitness in the pool... It all comes down to breathing, the body did not tire but the lungs boy did they struggle... So I'm committing to at least 3 sessions in the pool a week for the next 4 weeks, I've got to get my lungs co-operating before the 27th January... If anyone has any swim training tips please comment on this entry...

I can't believe that I used to swim competitively as a tween. That 5 days a week 1000m of freestyle was a warm up before the drills started, if only I could turn back the clock...

I hit Lorna Jane today with my Vouchers & Christmas money. I may or may not have purchased 7 items... ;) I love Lorna: the fabric, design, colour; but I was actually thinking about it this afternoon after buying my bounty would I be so in love if it hadn't been such a big thing to fit into it in the first place? The super scary fitness store with the model employees it was so hard walking in there for the first time that now it's become an obsession to wear it while working out. I guess it's marketing at it's best. Now my wardrobe has 10 pieces can I stop?





It's been a busy few days we have been relandscaping our backyard.  It was done for a brief time before Miss Xenia had other ideas, see video for a before shot.  But it's looking spick again and the puppy pool may be able to come out for them this summer...  I dug up the entire space removing grass, weeds etc, levelling the ground of puppy pits while the beloved G was asleep in bed.  To give him credit he burrowed in all the toppings and levelled them to perfection, & wackered.  The next day was the trees, another massive weeding job and digging of tree holes.   I have planted Dodonea's a New Zealand native our preferred choice over the pittosporum variety.  Can't wait for our neighbours unsightly drains & tanks to be hidden in a few years.




Xenia's version of filling the tree holes
The After
Time to head to bed...  Tomorrow on NYE I'm getting up at 5.30am so I can participate in a fun run... Who commits to crazy things like that?  Let's only hope I can make it to Midnight to see the New Year in.  It definitely shows you how far the mind has come since last New Years where I probably would of been in bed till 10am.  Have a safe & happy New Years everyone I will see you in 2013






4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you & G, Dayna. Can't wait to get out the bike with you! What an amazing year it has been for you, and here's to an even better one in 2013!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you and the family also :)
      It's going to be awesome to train together in the great outdoors, can't wait!!! Please take me routes with no snakes ;) Just think this time next year we will both be at goal what an amazing feeling that's going to be :)

      Delete
  2. What out all the motorists in your neck of the woods. We will need to get together and go for a group ride sometime, when i get Julie a bike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Dayna. That bike looks serious!!! And the swimming, think of all the new muscles and toning you are doing. That smile on your face will get even wider and brighter :-)

    Funny about Xenia, my old Molly girl loves to lay in holes, I call them her nests, silly thing she is.

    Hope the fun run went well!

    ReplyDelete