To put some context around the loss of my Christmas spirit. Last year was not a great one.
G's Nan passed Christmas Eve, Calix my furbaibe was rushed to hospital at Midnight Christmas Day/Eve with GDV, as Wiki tells you the mortality rate is 15-33%, we received the call at 3.45am to say he had survived the surgery but most of the complications come after and did they ever! (This photo was taken to celebrate his anniversary of surviving through his sheer strength & courage to fight everything that was thrown at him...)
This Christmas I was like Woo it's going to be great I have my furmily together, I'm hosting the families (G's & mine) can't wait...
I started my morning off with a 5.27km run, I know Mish asked us as her Christmas present to do our exercise in a Santa hat but that was a little too much head heat for me so I have a photo dump of my run ;)
It felt great, it was like I was running post apocalypse there was not a soul insight apart from the hares. I couldn't believe how many there were, maybe it was the stillness that had them out & about. It was great seeing a thriving wildlife population in suburbia even if they are technically classed as a pest.
Stretched, showered, breakfast, prepared lunch, cooked lunch
Entree: 12WBT Roast tomato, prawn & avocado salad
Main: 12WBT Rolled turkey Breast substituting the pancetta with cranberries accompanied with roast pumpkin, potato, sweet potato, parsnip & carrot.
Dessert Selection: Plum pudding with Brandy Custard
Mini pavlovas with Greek yoghurt, fresh berries & passionfruit
Mince pies
I was very proud of my nutrition on the day, I ate till satisfied and not full that was easy since I controlled the portion size on my plate. I only had one dessert the pav which was around 130 Calories I really did not taste the difference not having the cream, I drank a bottle of Yellow Jewell 335 Calories nibbled on a few Cadbury favourites but that was it. I didn't feel I had deprived myself though I did miss having a glass of red or two to finish my day.
We exchanged presents between Main & Dessert. I was very disappointed with my gift choices this year there were only a couple of people who received a gift rather than a gift card. I love receiving a gift card especially to buy clothes for my changing body but it is an easy gift. It's not thoughtful or tailored to the individual, it's just bleh! I want to give something that will have meaning to the person.
![]() |
| Christmas Present from myself to my toes. |
G Mum: Cow Wheat bag & 12 month subscription to Better Homes & Gardens
G Dad: Coffee Pod holder & Bunnings Voucher
D Mum: Michael Hill Sapphire studs & pendant
D Dad: Rays Outdoors Voucher
D Sister: Amazon.com Voucher
D BIL: Amazon.com Voucher
D Brother: PS3 Games
G Sister: Highpoint Voucher
G BIL: Rays Outdoors Voucher
Kids: Barbies, Toy Story, Peppa Pig, Lego (they are soooo easy)

Received: Lorna Jane Voucher, Myer Voucher, Money, Lorna Jane Singlet, TBC the present that didn't arrive into store on time from G and I finally brought myself new runners Asics Gel Nimbus 14 a present for my toes.
Bright & early Boxing Day I was up and at them for a Boxing Session with my fellow 12WBT Western Suburb Warriors. Bec was awesome to suggest the session it was really what I needed having put on 300g overnight from the Christmas festivities.We smashed out some
- Tabata drills
- 20 punch, running drills
- Boxing Crunches
Woke up with a couple of DOMS in my shoulders & upper back the next day so all in all 5 star workout. ;)
| Size 12 WooP WooP |
After my little shopping trip it was time for Christmas Lunch No.2 with all the extended family. This one was definitely out of my control nutrition wise. I tried to stick wholesome & had some cold turkey breast but there was not one salad without dressing, let alone a green salad. I had one glass of Yellow Jewell & 2l of water and avoided all the amazing desserts but had my first mince pie for the season and some fresh fruit. The next day the scales weren't so kind but it has all gone today and I'm back to my Christmas Eve weight.


OMFG Size 12!!!!! So, so happy for you Dayna!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Julie :)
DeleteYay Dayna on reaching that size 12 milestone, and what a gorgeous dress!
ReplyDeleteThanks Mish :)
DeleteDayna, I understand about the Christmas bah humbugs, I had to fight to get myself out of them a few years ago. My dad died on Christmas day 2007, my mum now does not celebrate Christmas, my very small family has fragmented, it was easy to get depressed at this time of year, but I have turned it around and embraced it. I realized I can't change things, just my reaction to them. It's still a journey. Thankfully I have my husbands family to join in the Christmas frenzy with.
ReplyDeleteWhat a few days you have had, and that dress looks INCREDIBLE!! You must feel so pumped, just wonderful. What a great feeling to go clothes shopping and have an actual choice of things to buy.
Carol
www.finding-carol.blogspot.com
I love shopping now Carol OMG the possibilities of not just being limited to Myer, City Chic & TS14+ its a brand new world :)
Delete