It's the only way I can describe it. A consistent week of MEGA AWESOME days followed by BLEH!!!
As per my last post you know
Monday: started with an awesome workout completing my first Spin Class.
Tuesday: was incredible you can't imagine my reaction when I started getting tagged in Facebook posts leading me to the discovery of Mish having posted my 7 month before & after shot on the 12WBT Facebook Page.
I've called this my 10 seconds of Social Media fame moment! 4138 Likes, 205 comments, 29 shares. It's bizarre the mind processing all the positive feedback, especially being called words such inspirational, amazing, fantastic, awesome. It's all very overwhelming, since the only comments throughout my life have been negative & taunting.
After Mish posted this I was feeling guilty I didn't go for my run due to the heat/ home time from work. So I completed my Week 8 fitness test all but the 1km time trial matching my push-ups result & bettering everything else. Yep I'm now level 3 abs and I think I owe that to Fab Abs January....
Wednesday: Woke up to lose 600g I had to hold back the only's as I had had an amazing week burning over 4000 calories. I also had issues that I am helping a family member with. A few steps needed to be conquered. Appointments had to be secured, a 4 hour drive took place, half a day packing up & cleaning out an apartment, I had to play the role of emotional pylon & mediator. I did not manage a workout but I'm guessing moving house racks up the calorie burn. I also achieved about 4 hours sleep.
Thursday: A huge roller-coaster ride (details which need to be kept private), another half day of cleaning & vacating apartment, wearing the hats of counselor, mediator, referee, 4 hours of driving, to arrive in Melbourne at 11pm, unpack car. Unfortunately I had to submit to drive through for dinner and settle on a 309 empty calorie burger. I was also not given the opportunity to wind down, download & process the past 2 days, another night of achieving around 4-5 hours sleep. Needless to say again there was no workout.
Friday: Wake up exhausted, work 8 hours, chef, clean house, emotionally clogged, finally watch final episode of Homeland, fail to write blog, lie in bed tossing and turning, get woken up 2 hours later by the HuskyMute. Lucky to have achieved 4 hours sleep. No workout.
Saturday: Wake up naturally at 6.30am still feeling exhausted. Search for workout clothes which happened to be right in front of me most of the time for 20 minutes. Secure the HuskyMute to my waist and run out the door to complete my 1km Time Trial. Mentally I'm not expecting a great result I have not worked out for 4 days. Hit the 500m mark at 2.20, my head is processing the Nike+ coach OMG I could actually beat my time. 1km mark OMFG I have just smashed my time by 16 seconds! OMFG I'm nearly running a kilometre under 5 minutes! Shower, Breakfast, work 8 hours, complete my measurements, calculate that I have now lost 1 metre from my body since the start of 12WBT and 6.5cms from my upper arms (AKA batwings) in 4 weeks, jubilation!!! I'm honestly wondering if swimming is helping me target my arms since they have been a slow moving fat zone and my fear has been that I'm going to lose the weight and have these empty sacks of skin. I'm looking at my 1km time trial photo and wondering what I'm still doing awake, the eyes say it all!!!
No rest day for me tomorrow after the last week. I'm hitting the gym for a 9.30am Cycle/Spin class, and then heading off for another day of work...
I think another wall I have hit this week is lack of clothes. I literally have a pair of 3/4 jeans, 1 skirt, 4 tops & 3 dresses that fit me (apart from workout clothes). I have a few other items I can just get away with but I'm finding it's really affecting my mood and self value. I have a shopping date set for next Saturday afternoon where I want to find a finale dress & a few wardrobe toppers. Hopefully there will be a few bargains found...
Enjoy your weekend I've got my fingers crossed & tied in place for a week of positive emotional freedom & kick arse workouts.


Dayna, what a week you've had, and super super fabulous time on the 1km run. Wow. And your before/after photo is nothing short of amazing, you must be so proud.
ReplyDeleteCarol
www.finding-carol.blogspot.com
Thanks Carol :)
DeleteDayna -
ReplyDeleteI find you and your blog quite inspiring. While I don't know all the details, I know how hard it is to get out there when you are distracted by work or family. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for your comment :) I love how this program helps teach us to blend with Life! It's made it so much easier to succeed than anything else I have done in the past :) We are always going to have work & family...
Delete