Monday, November 12, 2012

Need a challenge? Welcome to my life...

My two gorgeous boys enjoying the afternoon sun today...

So the Action keeps coming...  It started with my sick furbaibes, then my G was in an accident Melbourne Cup evening a degenerate deciding to tail and ram from behind writing off my Peugeot GTI and giving G whiplash which is still plaguing him.  I will go into more detail when this person is charged.
My working days were all 12-13 hours, I'm getting pulled pillar to post and after my "Diarising & Organising" today my working life isn't going to ease up till Mid December.

All I can say is hallelujah I'm on Annual leave until the 20th November.
  • I can get organised with the insurance company, and find a new car.... Poor little Puggles...
  • I can have unrushed relaxing girly moments before finale wax, tan, nails, fringe trim.
  • I can visit my beautiful Nan (something that I don't do enough)
  • I can workout my arse without being time poor.
  • I can have a great time in Sydney working out with Mish & celebrating all the kilograms lost.
I've had a really flat week.  I've been disappointed with all of my workouts. The scales never budged, I didn't received a Top 15% email & why would I with 8.2kg (7.61%) weight loss this round.  
I really let my strength training slip in Round 4.   I only focused on 3 runs per week & 2 garage sessions with Greg & Julie.  Earlier this round I could do four 60 second planks I'm lucky if I can stay up for 30 seconds now and the crazy thing is I know that a strong core will make me a better runner.
Nutrition has been great I've been within my calories but I have been very disorganised & eating after 8pm most nights.  Sleep has been appalling I probably average 6 hours a night.  I have not been watching any of Mish's videos, Snip Tips and have missed every live feed.  

Reading all of the above there is a common theme  ORGANISATION or lack of...  So in my pity party this afternoon I spent 2 hours mapping out my life up until December 31st.  What makes this calendar different to all the rest I have done the last few months is I've also added in my working life and put times to workouts depending on what is going on.  I'm sure when I get back to work next week there will be a few more red working days to add, but I will make sure this is a living breathing document that holds me accountable & arms me with flexibility.  Food Shopping will also happen on the weekend, not Monday or Tuesday night!




I'm getting out of my comfort zone. .  As you can see above I am committing to Spin Classes, something I have avoided like the plague, I'm introducing Grit Strength and most of my workouts will be in the AM so
sleeping habits need to change...

December 15th is Week 4 Milestone...  Greg and I have committed to taking on Sanctuary Lakes.. We are running 7-7.5km depending on what mapping program you use.   Not that I have discussed this with Greg yet but we are doing it in 49-51 minutes (Depending on the actual kilometres) and then in Week 8 we are going to smash this time...


We are in the 12th hour, reset your goals, get organised and aim for the stars.... 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome calender Dayna!!! Like you, I feel I have not put in all the effort I could have to this round. But next week, new round and let's absolutely smash it!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dayna, life has thrown you and your family a doozy there, But you know 8.2 kg is 8.2 gone forever and that is something to be hugely proud of. It may not have been the stellar round you were planning, but it's still been a positive round so good on you. The calendar p,an is a great idea, I'm going to adopt this too, make appointments to myself that I will Honour first and foremost. Enjoy Sydney, I can't wait myself!

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chin up! Keep it going, girl. You seem to have overcome so much to let this throw you.

    ReplyDelete