What a week, what a night... My baibe boy Calix (K-Licks) is still in hospital, it's a waiting game for biopsies, four were taken from his thickened stomach lining, pollops in stomach, lymphnodes in stomach & in his small intestine we should hear back Monday/ Tuesday. He currently has a feeding tube & has started drinking by himself overnight so hopefully the IV fluids can come out later today. I'm due up at the hospital at 12pm they want to show me how to manage a feeding tube as they feel he will make a better recovery at home without the stress of being away from his Mummy... But saying that, release won't probably be until Monday.
They think it could be one of three things. Lymphoma, *Some long disease name* which is his white blood cell creating sheets over his organs (controllable by steroids), Severe allergic reaction to something.
Now Calix isn't the only reason I had to miss Stampede today there is more...
My second baibe Miss Xenia (Zen-ya) woke me up at 3am this morning vomiting. So OK dogs do vomit but these were in 15 minute intervals and by 4am all that was being vomited was blood. So we rushed her up to Melbourne University Animal hospital they took blood tests straight away as wanted to make sure she hadn't ingested any poison, all clear. Continued to vomit blood while we were having the consultation so they asked us to leave her with them, so they could do full blood work to see kidney/liver/other organ function & for her to be sedated and have x-ray's to rule out anything being stuck in her stomach/ intestines.
I have to be available by phone to make any decisions and with 2.5 hours sleep, a heavy heart for my two sick baibes I had to make the decision to pull out of Stampede.
Stampede has been my goal for 5 months, it was going to push me past my limits and conquer the fear of I can't. I am shattered, I literally feel like I've let myself down, that in some way I'm failing myself by not completing this. I know this sounds stupid as things outside of my control have stepped in, family (furmily) comes first but it is a heavy weight of disappointment on my soul today.
Hidden Warrior is coming up December 1st & 2nd it's similar to Stampede as in it's a 10km Obstacle course I guess I just have to build it up as much in my mind as I did for Stampede. It still can be an indicator if I'm ready to be inducted into Tough Mudder. I just have to wait another month to find out.
Today marks a huge Milestone for another reason and I wish I could of celebrated this in conjunction of completing Stampede to illustrate how far I have come but it wasn't meant to be.
| Double Digits for the first time since Pre-Teens |
I touched last post on what goal weight could look like for me and without travelling to my parents to trawl through photo albums I located the below image. It truly is scary to think that this is where my goal is taking me... Happy 11th Birthday Dayna!
![]() |
| Goal Weight? |

No comments:
Post a Comment