The first few weeks of a new quarter are always a crazy time for me at work. New targets, strategies & success planning, couple this with people changes and now not having a Leader it makes for interesting times. This week I've also had the additional challenge of having a sick baibe. We nearly lost him in December and he has been a very sensitive soul since then. A medication change on Sunday or unrelated coincidence has cause 2 hourly diarrhoea , appetite loss, & refusal to keep hydrated. This has translated to daily vet appointments, sleep deprivation due to the frequency of toileting and stress for his well-being. I have my fingers and toes crossed he's in hospital today for sedation, a shaved belly and ultrasound. Hopefully we will have answers soon. Calix <3
I've never been an emotional eater, I'm the opposite I don't eat when sad or stressed. But I am an emotional drinker a bottle of red always cured everything, well it use to! I'm happy to report that I haven't felt that pull towards Dan Murphy's, Mindset success?
We have just commenced Week 9 of Round 3 so there was a milestone to achieve & fitness tests to complete in Week 8.
This round has felt slow in terms of weight-loss. 7.1kg in 9 weeks is nothing to sneeze at but it's not the results I experienced in Round 2. The elusive Double Digits have never felt so close but so far away at the same time. But in terms of fitness it has felt like I have never been faster or stronger. I'm still waiting on achieving Push Ups (Toes) but to run 1km in under 6 minutes I am leaping over the moon.
This coming weekend I'm participating in the 10km Stampede so originally I was going to move my Week 8 milestone to Week 9. But No! I achieved my Week 12 Milestone four weeks early. I ran 5km without stopping!!!! And further yet achieved it under my targeted time of 36 minutes :) I can now officially call myself a Runner!!!
The Stampede have updated their video Oh Yeah I'm scared! 10 gruelling kilometres of mud & electricity Eek!!! If I'm not back next week relaying every magical moment I have not survived ;)
The past weekend also saw me buying my finale dress. I reached my goal of fitting into "Designer" and have two Wayne Cooper dresses to show for it, I'm still squeeing, I have never been this small before!!! 800 grams and I'm at Primary School weight... Just saying that blows my mind, I am going to weigh the same as I did 20 years ago! How does that work seriously? You always read when setting realistic diet goals not to aim for when you were 18, a size 6, active and fabulous but never do you read about people aiming & achieving childhood weights. At the end of this journey I'm probably going to weigh what I was in Grade 3/4 (8-10 years old). I really would love to get hold of my childhood Medical records for measurement ;)
At the end of my last post I touched on sabotage. Now after a chat with my beloved G it has stopped but it was coming in all direction a couple of weeks ago.
I saw my parents for the first time since I started this journey. Not one positive comment or recognition of having lost 20kgs. My Mum came with me to complete my weekly food shopping and apparently I needed snack food in my house including Choc Chip Cookies etc. Nothing passed my lips I have two things to thank for that Willpower & Choctober (25 Days and Strong) G was very appreciative though... My Dad who is a Type 2 Diabetic w/ Insulin control made the comment how his sugars hadn't been so low & in normal range for months were back to where they should be while staying the 3 nights. (I wonder why?) For people who eat dessert everyday I cooked for them Baked Pears w/ Ricotta & 12WBT Apple Tarts to show them that they can have healthy wholesome desserts. My Mum has acknowledged that she has cooked these since returning home which is a great step but I can never see her letting me clean out her pantry ;) So it was really from this point the sabotage continued Dark Choc Mint Tim Tam's appeared in the pantry, G arrived home with a McDonald's sundae for himself and a Frozen Raspberry Fanta for me, when I looked up the calorie content it was handed straight back. LoL the poor boy consumed a Chocolate Sundae and 2 x Raspberry Fantas that night which probably totalled a entire day of calories for me and most probably a sleepless sugar high night for him. It's just not the food being brought in but the comments as well "One isn't going to hurt!", " You don't have to get up to exercise you didn't sleep well" etc. Since our chat things have returned back to the new normal. No food has come back into our pantry and he is pushing the JFDI attitude. Like yesterday after 5 hours sleep since Sunday he helped push me out the door for a 5.5km run, now he told me to turn around when I just couldn't push through the fatigue anymore but me being me I went a course that even if I turned around and came back I was still looking at 4-5km. I ran the whole 5.5km wasn't my best time but my second best time ;) The body is a powerful machine.
Have a great week all, I'm hoping to be back Sunday to recount all the gory details from the Stampede, that is if I survive ;)
Well done Dayna. YOu are going great and you shoudl be proud of yourself...
ReplyDeleteWell done! I hope your babe is okay & you get good results (and some sleep). Good luck with Stampede!!!
ReplyDelete