I put action behind my mouth I joined Choctober... I'm breaking up with chocolate for a month to raise money for Reclink. Now hey I'm on the 12WBT this shouldn't be hard right? While it's true I no longer sit down and devour half a block of Cadbury's with my beloved, I still do have my chocolate vices that have made this journey more comfortable. So much so my G is now worried about my sanity for the next month ;)
So what am I giving up?
1. Soliel Chocolate Mousse: it has been my dessert of choice at 68 magical calories it's aerated chocolatey goodness satisfies my every need.
2. Lindt Excellence 70% Cocoa Dark Noir: I enjoy 2 squares of this a week. Especially dipped into my Short Black or melted down onto strawberries.
3. Go Natural fruitnut: choc, almond & raspberry bar's I only delved into my love of these a couple of posts ago 129 Calories, 4g Fibre, 2g Protein these are one of my favourite convenience snacks.
4. Carman's Dark Choc Blueberry Superfood bars if I knew I was going to be late for lunch this was my ultimate snack tie over. With Low GI, 2.9g Protein, 2.2g Fibre they used to hold me strong for a 2-3pm lunch.
5. Jarrah Hot Chocolate: If I had an extra 50-60 Calories left at the end of dinner these babies used to be my indulgence. Choc a l'orange OMG it was like drinking liquid Jaffa's for 57 calories a cup...
6. Protein FX Lo Carb Mini Protein Bars (Choc Orange, Choc Raspberry, Choc Mint) I have these after a great workout substituting one of my daily snacks at 100 calories a pop they deliver nearly 9g of protein, around 4g of fibre with less than 2g of Carbs
So it's time for a shameless plug if you would love to donate a few dollars to a worthy cause which is encouraging me to let go of new found vices you can find my fundraising page here






Dayna, you will be fine!
ReplyDeleteEven before doing 12WBT, I gave up all things chocolate for the entire of 2011 and didn't replace with anything, which is the thing to watch for..
I have gone back to it this year, but not in the way that I used to, which I think has helped me along with 12WBT.
I will be sure to donate later in the month, best of luck!
Thanks Melissa :)
ReplyDeleteI will be fine... Thanks for your encouragement :)
WoW a whole year without chocolate I give you major kudos!