I've had a great weekend in spite of the weather. Smashed out a great SSS with fellow Warrior's including Greg & Julie. Greg sure does know how to induce the DOM's, nothing a little Yoga couldn't help stretch out this morning but my shoulders still ache as I type this. :) The DOM's weren't the only success to come from yesterday I finally hit the 60 sec mark for planking on my TOES!!! WooHoo!
Spent the rest of the day helping a friend move house, completed by some 12WBT Beef Stroganoff & Crustless Blueberry Cheesecake. I think I'm going to take Kristine's suggestion and add a Marie biscuit for an extra 36 calories next time but OMG who knew that a 110 calorie slice of Cheesecake could be so divine?
Today woke up headed to Yoga with my boy G in tow. Heh he thought I only wanted to take him so I could check him in on Facebook and take the piss of him doing yoga. There was no Facebook check-in and it was great having my baibe working out beside me something we never do. Well did he surprise me, for his first yoga class ever that boy has the balance & flexibility of a cat, even the yoga instructor was giving him kudos. No longer will he think yoga is a soft workout haha we both sweated up a storm... So unfortunately the rest of the day was spent cleaning the house, car & garden with an hour walk before dinner with the furbaibes in the sun..

So as Monday approaches I thought I would get out my rant pants as I have another 5 days coming up of working life and I'm finding it a mental struggle. After 18 kilos lost I now have people commenting everyday... Now this shouldn't be a negative thing but for me I work as a Account Manager and have 80 client sites in my territory with 8-30 people per location. Then add to the mix my own office environment of around 50 people and it's starting to become overwhelming.
It's not the positivity of the acknowledgement that is affecting me, it's that people want to weigh in on my journey with their opinion...
"You're looking so healthy, so pretty now, How much have you lost?" 18kg
"So you're feeling healthier right?" I don't feel any different apart the increased fitness and my lungs not wanting to explode after a run, I've always felt healthy!
"How much more are you wanting to lose?" 39kg
"No, you look great another 5-10kg at most." No trust me I have 39kgs to lose yet.
"That weight loss is not sustainable, do you want to be anorexic? The more you lose the harder it is to keep off" Uhum OK?
"So what are you doing?" 12WBT, awesome food, exercising/ moving 6 days per week. It's great it's a lifestyle not a diet. Get shopping lists, exercise & nutrition plans every week.
"So you're feeling healthier right?" I don't feel any different apart the increased fitness and my lungs not wanting to explode after a run, I've always felt healthy!
"How much more are you wanting to lose?" 39kg
"No, you look great another 5-10kg at most." No trust me I have 39kgs to lose yet.
"That weight loss is not sustainable, do you want to be anorexic? The more you lose the harder it is to keep off" Uhum OK?
"So what are you doing?" 12WBT, awesome food, exercising/ moving 6 days per week. It's great it's a lifestyle not a diet. Get shopping lists, exercise & nutrition plans every week.
"That much exercise is not sustainable!" Well I think it is! If all I do is get my arse off the couch for 30 minutes and miss the 6th repeat of a Big Bang Theory episode it's more than what I was doing.
"Hmm ok well good luck and don't take it too far."
So this is basically the conversation I'm having at least 5 times a day at the moment.
I hate the "healthier" comment!!! I've never been a sick person, I pay for a Medicare Levy I never use. I broke my 3 year run of not seeing a doctor for a sinus infection in July. I donate blood/plasma regularly and have always been told I have perfect blood pressure, pulse etc. My resting heart rate before I started exercising was under 60. I've always had clear/ clean skin. I wish people would change this to "Do you feel fitter?" I think I would find this a more positive question.
And the anorexic comment when I tell them how much more I have to lose... I'm a honest open person if I'm asked the question but geezus I think I'm going to have to start lying and responding with 10kg. I don't know if it's because it seems like I've lost a lot already, but 39kg is a hard enough number to say out loud as it is and little do they know I will still be high range of healthy BMI. Not that BMI is everything but it's my goal to finally be categorised as healthy, which is probably why the above healthier comment gets to me.
I feel this is a very negative post and usually I would stay away from writing something like this but I have been told that I need to start speaking up, I'm sure if I'm dealing with this others are as well. How are some of the ways you deal with this? I'm finding I'm changing the subject more often now like it's awesome to get recognition but it's recognition on steroids with my profession and I'm heading toward liver failure (metaphorically) And I don't want to be/ seem rude ah it's a conundrum!
So now that I have got that out in the open to find another positive to end on...
What to wear to Finale??? Now unlike last time I'm not going to buy my dress five weeks before the event. Thinking that it's tight and because it struggles to zips I will be lucky if it fits is not the way. Heh I was very fortunate that some fashion tape could hold my dress to me so we didn't have a Janet Jackson deja vu in Perth ;)
So I've started a pinterest board for all the dresses I'm inspired by, the only thing I know for sure is it won't be black or plus size..
Enjoy Monday and I will see you Tuesday when I reflect on my Non Scale wins of the week :)
"Hmm ok well good luck and don't take it too far."
So this is basically the conversation I'm having at least 5 times a day at the moment.
I hate the "healthier" comment!!! I've never been a sick person, I pay for a Medicare Levy I never use. I broke my 3 year run of not seeing a doctor for a sinus infection in July. I donate blood/plasma regularly and have always been told I have perfect blood pressure, pulse etc. My resting heart rate before I started exercising was under 60. I've always had clear/ clean skin. I wish people would change this to "Do you feel fitter?" I think I would find this a more positive question.
And the anorexic comment when I tell them how much more I have to lose... I'm a honest open person if I'm asked the question but geezus I think I'm going to have to start lying and responding with 10kg. I don't know if it's because it seems like I've lost a lot already, but 39kg is a hard enough number to say out loud as it is and little do they know I will still be high range of healthy BMI. Not that BMI is everything but it's my goal to finally be categorised as healthy, which is probably why the above healthier comment gets to me.
I feel this is a very negative post and usually I would stay away from writing something like this but I have been told that I need to start speaking up, I'm sure if I'm dealing with this others are as well. How are some of the ways you deal with this? I'm finding I'm changing the subject more often now like it's awesome to get recognition but it's recognition on steroids with my profession and I'm heading toward liver failure (metaphorically) And I don't want to be/ seem rude ah it's a conundrum!
So now that I have got that out in the open to find another positive to end on...
What to wear to Finale??? Now unlike last time I'm not going to buy my dress five weeks before the event. Thinking that it's tight and because it struggles to zips I will be lucky if it fits is not the way. Heh I was very fortunate that some fashion tape could hold my dress to me so we didn't have a Janet Jackson deja vu in Perth ;)
So I've started a pinterest board for all the dresses I'm inspired by, the only thing I know for sure is it won't be black or plus size..
Enjoy Monday and I will see you Tuesday when I reflect on my Non Scale wins of the week :)
Blegh - sounds annoying! I mentioned the other day that I had gone out for lunch and had an iced mocha and gotten home feeling in a heaps better mood than other days and my friend was like "It's because you're not depriving yourself"... ummm no... At least the guys who have been picking on me at work because I've been eating healthy stuff have had their fun removed because I've lost as much as I want to lose so their comments about "mmmm you can't have this" and matched with a "yeah I could..."
ReplyDeleteGood luck with not exploding :)