Thursday, September 27, 2012

Snack Attack!!!

I have just entered the 12WBT weekly surprise challenge: Snack Attack!!!

I thought I would share on my blog as these are truly decadent.   A combination of my two favourite foods.  The creation of this snack was inspired by a wander through the David Jones Food Court when I was in Perth for the Round 2 finale.  I saw them at the Byron Bay Cookie Counter and I knew I had to come home and recreate them under 150 calories.
Can you believe this little plate of heaven is only 129 calories???
I hope you enjoy making & eating them as much as I did for tonight's dessert :)


While we are on the topic of snacks let me introduce you to my favourite convenience snack.  
The Go Natural Fruitnut: choc, almond & raspberry bar. I personally try to avoid convenience snacks,  I love a Special K bar but the dietary information just doesn't cut it if your after a wholesome filling snack.  So why do I love these bars?  
  1. 129 Calories
  2. 2.0g Protein (keeping you satisfied for longer)
  3. 4.2g Fibre (the boost we need to get to our quota for the day)
  4. 1mg Sodium (WooT I don't have to drink and extra litre of water)
  5. My taste buds swoon with every bite. (that little bit of choc satisfies this chocoholic.)
The only delta is price at $1.89ea at Woolworth's or $2.50 at Boost Juice it's best saved as a once or twice a week treat... 


Have loved reading everyone's submission's this week and with summer coming up there has been alot of different fruit ice creams & parfait's posted that I can't wait to try. 

Enjoy your Thursday night we are on the cusp of the weekend WooT!!






No comments:

Post a Comment