I'm typing this as my lungs still burn. I am beyond ecstatic. I have just smashed my 1km time trial by 47 seconds...
Wind back four weeks: it the first time I could run/shuffle the whole 1km without a walking break and the only running I was doing was speed controlled on the treadmill in the comfort of the gym.
Two weeks later I finally willed the courage to get back outside to run since my knee injury and it felt amazing so much more natural & easier than the treadmill as I was not clock/ kilometre watching...
Wednesday night was suppose to be time trial night. I went for my run as my previous post indicated but when my RunKeeper app advised me that my run time was 7.14 I was shattered I could not accept a higher time than my previous run so I kept running, running until my frustration was relieved when RunKeeper advised me I had been shuffling my legs for 3km without a walking break...
When I got home my partner advised me it was OK that my time was 7.14, that running outdoors was harder and Week 8 I would be back in the 6's I couldn't accept this and declared Friday is "Fitness Test day" and I will match or beat my time.
So I was definitely not expecting the result I achieved tonight, 47 seconds off my time 4 weeks ago, 1.03 off my Wednesday time... I'm literally doing Cartwheels ... I may not have the body of the woman running above but I definitely feel like her after my time tonight...

Well done Dayna, that is awesome. YOu must be so proud of your efforts not to accept the other time and have another crack. Lovely seeing you this morning as well.
ReplyDeleteThanks Greg.. Great to see you too :) How far did you ride today? I was thinking I could build up my riding skills and ride my way to the workouts. Google maps tells me it about 14km each way so 38km, 1 hour SSS and if I pedal fast enough may even make it to a session of Body Balance I think that should cut it on a Saturday morning ;)
ReplyDeleteAwesome effort Dayna! You are killing it!!!!
ReplyDelete