Tuesday, September 18, 2012

100 things I love about my life...

Wow what an amazing journey this list has been.   I started it at the end of June and here we are mid September.  Highly recommend the exercise it really makes you reflect upon your life.

1. Having a supportive partner
2. My beautiful furbabies Calix & Xenia
3. Living in a country where basic human rights are not exploited.
4. My iPhone (my second brain)
5. Knowing and still having my Grandparents
6. Having built my own house in my 20's something I thought I would never achieve
7. Having had the opportunity already to visit 26 countries.
8. Google I would be lost without you literally.
9. My bike licence it's made me the driver I am today
10. Owning a car and having the freedom to go from A to B
11. Living in the beautiful city of Melbourne
12. 60GB of music there's always a song for every mood
13. Dishwasher ( where have you been my whole life )
14. My friends who have been there through the good & the challenging times of my life
15. The new friends I have made and continue to make.
16. The internet (which has connected me with the most important people & things in my life)
17. Feeling loved
18. My mind (the sponge)
19. Having sight and experiencing the world in high definition, techni-colour
20. Hot showers
21. The things I take for granted everyday ( running clean water, access to a toilet that is connected to sewerage, electricity, heating )
22. The drive within to always be challenged
23. Warm bed & soft pillow
24. My health ( I had to break my 3 year Doctors record last month )
25. Having parents who are happily married after 37 years
26. Having the courage & opportunity to abseil down the face of a waterfall
27. Living in the age of awareness
28. Calix's dream barks
29. Xenia's dream running
30. My morals and determination not to compromise them
31. Air conditioning
32. Facebook: a great tool for connecting, reconnecting & networking
33. My SLR, capturing the moments...
34. Being creative
35. Lindt Chocolate (12WBT thanks for letting me never skimp on quality)
36. Integrity
37. Australia: A country that allows freedom of rights & equal opportunity.
38. Compassion
39. Boxing (when I punch stuff it feels good)
40. Dancing like no one is watching (haha I do this all the time in ShBam)
41. Spring new beginnings: blossoms & new life everywhere.
42. Autumn witnessing the end of a cycle
43. Living in a time zone with daylight saving more light to fit my life into
44. Walking barefoot on my front lawn love the feeling of grass between my toes.
45. Always being able to find the positive no matter how long it takes.
46. Being able to forgive and move on.  One of the hardest things I've had to learn.
47. Intuition
48. Discovering I can wear colours and just not black
49. Wearing colours
50. Eyeshadow
51. Femininity
52. Gareth hugs
53. Calix spoons
54. Xenia cuddles
55. Spooning
56. Literacy
57. Daydreaming
58. Having the courage to work towards my dreams
59. Imagination
60. Laughing at with friends
61. Feeling the warmth of the sun upon my skin
62. Open spirituality
63. Unconventionality
64. Listening to the rain
65. Red lipstick
66. Confidence
67. The goal to be one day be self sustainable and take responsibility for the impact I have on this earth.
68. The opportunities I have to learn & develop knowledge
69. 12WBT & the Michelle Bridges team
70. Living close to water
71. My coffee machine, drinking liquid gold everyday
72. Jarrah Choc Orange (liquid jaffa's)
73. T2 Teas (too many to mention)
74. The feeling of brewing tea in a pot and then drinking.
75. The freedom to travel & experience the world
76. The protected being the protector when there is thunder
77. Weight Watchers Chocolate Berry Mudslide Ice Cream a very decadent treat.
78. My Aunty who has always believed in me
79. Mirc:  Where I met the love of my life and some other beautiful people
80. Painting (moulding a vision with a brush)
81. Piratebay (having access to everything in life when you don't have the budget to)
82. Internet shopping (retail therapy at the tip of my fingers)
83. Optimism of opening the letterbox to not find just bills
84. The act of generosity
85. Hair dye (a new you inside a bottle)
86. Style (well at least I think I have some)
87. Berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries)
88. Questioning & never just accepting
89. To observe & knowing when to add input
90. Being awesome and knowing many awesome people ;)
91. Sleep it cures everything
92. Art
93. Work ethic
94. Knowing how to share
95. Awareness of not to take anything for granted
96. Calculators (the nerd inside is actually saying excel formulas)
97. Video Game escapism
98. Red Wine (though I have given you up for the time being I still <3 you)
99. Recycling in all areas of life just not rubbish
100. Actually being able to think of 100 things to put on this list

5 comments:

  1. Oh Dayna, that is one of the most awesome things I have ever read. Good on you for acknowledging all the blessings and joys in your life! I bet this was a really positive and wonderful experience for you! Well done! Marney x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marney :) It really was a great task to complete very therapeutic. Something to keep me grounded when life is a struggle as I'm blessed with so much...

      Delete
  2. Firstly, congratulations on the blog! Love it. Secondly what a great list. Great minds think alike, I just recently did a list like this (48 things on my 48th birthday) and scrapbooked it, it's on my blog. Your furbabies are gorgeous and you look to like photography just as much as I do. Keep up the great work. I have your blog bookmarked now so will be back to visit often.

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol...
    Thanks for your kind words. I have just checked out your blog too love the scrap-booking posts what a great way to tell your story... Loved your list (48 things on my 48th birthday)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your list gave me tingles! I'm still trying to get through mine!!! Love your blog & thank you for all your support xxx

    ReplyDelete