Hi it's me again: Dayna the inconsistent blogger & 12wbt'er It's been awhile between posts too bad I can't say that about drinks I've water-loaded the grape juice camel style lately ;) I called Tech Support I found the master reset button & the mindset has been formatted.
Preseason tasks have been completed from scratch. I for the last 22 weeks have been living in the past. I was the girl who had a 5:05 1km time trial, 4::04 wall sit, & 58 Pushups in 1 minute.
Every 4 weeks that went by, where I should of updated my stats they remained static. I kept telling myself they were my numbers I had to hold myself to injured or not, downgrading was failure. It was this all or nothing thinking that slowly frayed my Mojo last round and led me to put on weight.
21 weeks ago I was at my lowest weight 91kg. Monday on my return from a great weekend celebrating finale with comrades I tipped the scales at 98.5kg, 3.5kg heavier than my Round 2, Week weigh in. 7.5kgs in total, but alas the damage is done, we must learn from actions to move forward. Wednesday with 2 days of super clean eating and pulling in the reigns of alcohol & snacking I'm 2.3kg down with 5.2kg to go.
I have no doubt it's going to be a tough round I've only in the last week had permission to get back on the bike with no resistance and managed 30 minutes before the stabbing pain gets the better of me. My physio believes I can and will be able to get to 60 minutes by Tuesday but the last couple of days work & furmily have taken over and rehab has been non existent.
One of my biggest challenges apart from my knee is finding work / life balance in my new role. I'm still in learning phase, I now work from a home office I have expectations on me that I'm logged in at 7.30am to complete daily reporting due out by 8am and additional administration requirements when I return home in the afternoon that most days i'm still typing away at 6pm. Gym time has been impossible to co-ordinate I've had 2 days where it was planned, diarised but a client calls, follow up is required and the rest is history. I'm going to put a schedule together and I have to switch off or I won't have a life.
So this round I am no longer an aspiring runner, I'm an injured cyclist in rehab ;)
My 1 month goals
Lose 5kg
Cycle 6 days per week.
Cycle for 60 minutes
Workout 6 days per week
Be able to return to road bike
Week 4 milestone: Get permission off Physio to complete a spin class
How will I get there?
Eat clean
NO WINE
Cycle every day build up time & resistance.
Get back to the gym and start strength training rehab exercises.
My Round 3, 2013 Goals
Lose 10kg
Workout 6 days per week
Week 8 milestone: Ride to Geelong Pier and back.
Week 11: Complete Ride to Conquer Cancer 200km in 2 days
Week 12: Gain enough knee strength to joffle my 1km time trial.
How will I get there?
Use Saturday & Sundays for long road bike rides.
Leg workouts twice a week
Eat Clean, Drink Clean
Organise & Diarise
So my Commitment is to lose 10kg in the next 12 weeks by focusing on what I CAN do & not what I could do. I will no longer let my injury rule my mindset, I will complete my rehab program no matter how boring & menial I think it is.
I will raise at least $2500 to secure my position in The Ride to Conquer Cancer and ride 200km in 2 days during Week 11.
I commit to drink at least 2L of water a day, eat to my calorie allowance & train 6 days per week around my injury.
I lastly commit to being accountable & holding accountable my 12WBT BFF's so we smash out an awesome round and rediscover the better version of ourselves.
So this is what 4.8kgs looks like! The photo on the left was taken on the 1st May 2013, the right on Monday seeing this really shocked me. A round of throwing a tantrum because I couldn't do cardio really does have consequences. I had an upper body workout plan that could be done seated and I made the choice not to do it so I now look like this... Can't wait to kick the sneaky fat and then some this round.
To keep myself honest and on track I have struck a deal with my beautiful friend Cass that I am not allowed to go to finale unless I weigh at most 88kgs & she her determined figure. We have set toll gates where we need to be at certain points of round to achieve our goal and if we aren't there when tickets go on sale and they sell out there's only one person we can blame.
So lets toast our Peppermint teas to have a smashing round and farewell another 10kgs...
And to finish off some photos from the weekend :)







Great goals, you have this in the bag!
ReplyDelete