Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Hello Round 2! How did you get here so fast?

Currently I feel like a ball within a Pinball machine, I'm getting flicked from pillar to post when I just want to find one of though snug holes, that will propel me to greatness.

Another finale has passed, another round commenced.  The weeks have blurred together as I have battled with injury, committed myself to events every weekend & worked towards achieving one of my non weight loss goals of taking the next step in my career.

I thought I would be going into my Anniversary round prepped and firing this is the first time I have had a week off between but because of external events the days were sucked into a vortex never to be seen again. I guess this is life, there never will be a perfect week it's just how I prioritise the time to respect my body & mind.


I was successful in finding a new job, signing my contract last week.  I'm moving into the world of equipment finance (transport, construction & fitness) and start the new position on June 11th.  It was a huge step for me as I've been at my currently employer for 8 years.  But I could no longer wait patiently for a position to open if I wanted to advance it had to be external.  I was so nervous about handing in my resignation I didn't sleep at all Wednesday night.   This company has been all I've known as an adult, they have provided me with so many tools & helped map my career path.  I couldn't help but question if I was making the right decision.

On the injury front I was following "The Plan" I was suppose to be running this week. I even did not participate in the Finale Workout in case anything could/ would happen.  I found out the hard way that the workout was not what I had to avoid it was "The Dancefloor" at the finale Party.  I was standing there shaking my booty when BaM!! my knee release and the pain came flooding in, the same pain as when my knee went POP!!!  I hobbled over to the side podium and spent the rest of the party seated.  To clarify this was not a drunk injury this was a twist and release scenario.  My Physio was like Oops I should of warned you to stay away from dance floors as my rehab had not been strengthening my knee for twisting movements.

So I'm back at the beginning again 5 minutes on the stationary bike with a high seat & 105kg double leg press only allowing a 30 degree angle bend of knee holding for 20 secs and pushing out (10 reps).
I also have a referral to a surgeon my appointment is the 6th June, my Physio believes that my meniscus has been torn further.   Another specialist I saw during the week believes I have serious issues going on with my knee cap & anterior ligament, so an Arthroscopy is the first thing on the cards and what plays out from there who knows.

I've been told that Run Melbourne is now off the cards which was a tough blow as we are talking the 21st July!!!!
In essence it means I'm going to have another complete 12WBT round injured.   I was raring for a 10 kilogram loss round I may still get there but to reduce the ego blow of not reaching this number I will be shifting my outlook away from kilograms & concentrating on centimeters & strength.  I've flicked my program over to Lean & Strong & my commitment is that  I WILL FOCUS on what I CAN DO & NOT what I CAN'T.  My Physio has asked to see the workout plan each week and he will amend the legs component until I'm back at form so wobbly bits be gone!

Cathy Sheargold I look at this photo while remembering how incredible you looked at finale and you make me believe that  I can & will get results from Lean & Strong.  I may be not the ideal weight yet for this program but there's no better time to start firming & strengthening and just doing what I CAN.  Thank you for continually sharing the photos of your journey it helps so many of us to believe & achieve.

I think the biggest thing I need to improve on this round is reading all my fellow 12WBT runner's achievements and getting mopey because that should of been me!  It's not me & I am more than just a runner!  Running alone did not help me achieve where I am today it is just one fragment of my journey.  I found a list today that I wrote in 2009 No. 19 on that list was  "I strive to complete the C25k program in 12 weeks" back then honestly it seemed like some pipe dream at 133.5kg it was just not going to happen but 2012 I completed it in 9 weeks.  2013 when I get my 'lampshade" off it could be 6 weeks but I now know I can do it and will do it again, it's not a pipe dream anything & everything is possible.

So I guess it time for bed I'm looking forward to wrapping a wheatbag around my knee.  I will leave you with some of my favourite photos from finale <3






1 comment:

  1. Dayna, keep the faith mate. It sucks big time about the not being able to exercise and move as you like, but one of our girls went through the last round with no exercise (surgery induced, not to do anything strenuous) but she ate clean for the 12 weeks and still lost 8kg or something like that. So it can be done.

    As for you and your work, big changes, and I know you probably felt like you were cheating on your work leaving them, so articulately if they have been good to you, but it happens, good luck with your new role.

    As for finale, I'm so bummed I didn't see you at the party. It was so big, and I did a lot of circuits of the room to see who I could see, but there was a number of people I know were there that I either didn't see or didn't recognize all glammed up. You look stunning in these pics, and happy ( despite your pain).

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete