Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The long road BUT I have the tools to see me through...

I'm just wanting to close off my last post by saying unfortunately the unspoken personal issue is going to be taking the long road.. It's completely out of my control, priorities will shuffle on a weekly basis as I balance my life to cater for myself, work & family.  The great thing is I now have the tools to get through this :)  12WBT has shown me how to organise my life through diarising everything so things like workouts can't become excuses & I will and can do this!!!  I will continue to diarise a month in advance but I will sit down every Sunday to make sure it's still going to work and amend my schedule for success.  I believe I'm also going to find that I will have new excuses and it's important that I keep going back to "My Mission" and updating so keeping on track is easier.  I know I have the support of many friends and though especially I have met through 12WBT, & not to forget my G and I'm sure each and everyone of you will kick my arse when I need it and please don't hold back.  :)

On to more positive things...
Pulling myself out of No.3 of  the 5 mud ditches


I completed two things on the weekend  Triple Class Workout with the 12WBT Vic Crew on Saturday afternoon after a garage workout with Greg & Julie in the morning smashing out over 1000 Calories for the day.  I really pushed the limits on my upper body in Pump & backed it up with Combat & abs unfortunately for me it meant that DOMS set in for Hidden Warrior, the 10km Mud Obstacle course Sunday morning and boy were my chest, back, triceps & biceps feeling it...
I'm so proud of my Hidden Warrior achievements I finished it within 2 hours & only had to bypass one obstacle.  I scaled a 6ft & 8ft wall, commando crawled in mud under barbed wire, pulled myself up some steep unforgiving hills, bounced over tyre mountains,  swung out my arms on the monkey bars (must work on upper body) fully submerged myself in an ice pool & I pulled myself in and out of many deep mud ditches.  The obstacle I bypassed the 10ft wall it was a bit much for this still large frame and I really didn't want people supporting my weight to get over it.  But I will enlist into another one I'm thinking Tough Mudder September 2013 if won't effect my training for Ride to Conquer Cancer and I WILL conquer a 10ft Wall!!!!
By Sunday afternoon I could not move the DOMS had truly set in from Saturday, the bruises & muscle soreness had kicked in and I became a lady of leisure.

Before with the 12WBT Western Suburb Warriors
WooHoo Finished with my
Bestie & fellow 12WBT'er Kylie
Simon, Myself & Kylie Celebrating our achievements.
After a few sips the Cider and beer was disposed of  for water

 After my 2.2kg loss last week I saw 200g today. Can always say you want to see more but hey it's a loss I've had a big week, I got through it without turning to a bottle of red, my workouts suffered during the weekdays but my weekend of over 2000 calorie burn is something to be proud of.
I came down with a chesty cold since Sunday morning over the last 24 hours it has become phlegm mania this week I will be focusing on strength and low intensity cardio until my lungs co-operate.  Red Flag event 4 is tomorrow the Work Christmas party a masquerade in St Kilda, & Red Flag event 5 on Tuesday.  I am determined for at least 1kg next Wednesday I'm turning these Red Flags to Green Flags ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment