Friday, December 7, 2012

My toe feels naked!

Tonight I lost a toe nail and are close to losing a second. So I'm here to preach the importance of wearing fitted running shoes.
As I've been losing weight my feet have also been shrinking, I've been wearing thicker socks to try and compensate but the damage has been done. Sorry for the gross foot shot but it really highlights my point.



I'm hoping to make the journey this weekend to find my next pair of runners and fingers are crossed that I will have two new toe nails I can paint by finale ;)

7 comments:

  1. Omg! Is that really from wearing ill-fitted runners? Guess I know what I'm putting on my Christmas wish list then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definately go get fitted D. For your joints as well as your toes. My required arch support is good it's just that my feet move around too much now they have shrunk in the runners doing this to both my toes. I think I have about a week before my left nail will release.

      Delete
  2. Your feet have really been shrinking? My feet grew half a shoe size with each pregnancy. After the first one I kept my extensive shoe collection inthe hope they would go back to my old size ( never did) and then we moved house during my second pregnancy and my feet grew so much that even my shoes purchased post pregnancy #1 no longer fit. I thought it was all over.... I did p keep 3 pairs of shoes that are just so fabulous I couldn't part with them,even ificould never wear them again. I will be beyond excited if I can one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jackwafabwa

      Feet definately shrink I have gone from a size 10.5-11 (depending on the shoe) to a 9-9.5. If you love shoes definately keep though unfitting shoes insight for a goal visual.

      Delete
  3. I guess it makes a bit of sense. Less weight on the feet, they splay less. Growing up I was always 8.5-9, now I'm size 9.5 - 10. Dear me, if I lose weight, I may go back to 8.5! Which means buying new shoes! WOO! I mean - darn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I <3 new shoes... Weight loss is so rewarding but my wallet tends to disagree ;)

      Delete