Fellow Winners
Tracey MP
Aedita
amydeville
GI Jayne
ozgoddess
carollee
Lou83
jil05
Running Rampant
Other Recommended Bloggers
Leitchy
A New Cass
Jules_L
Coco Butter
Last week I started "The Only Challenge" in the 12WBT Forums.
The challenge is about celebrating your losses no matter the number as there is a lot of I "only" lost 500g this week posts on the weigh in pages I see. I guess the trouble with having community with a weight loss program is sometimes it can be hard not to compare yourself with what others are achieving. Over my 2.3 rounds I know that some weeks the scales just don't add up you have worked your arse off, ate clean and literally been a training machine but the body just doesn't compute. So personally this is how I started to get away from the "only" speak.The premise is having a visual aid to show you how much you have achieved that week.
A member on the forums suggested a tub of butter/ margarine for 500g. To me that is an amazing comparison because it's basically milk, fat & salt and if you can look at that tub and visualise that a few spoonful of fat may have come of each thigh, arm, stomach etc. It should really add up in your mind that you have kicked arse. 500g tub of margarine is huge. Even a 250g block of cooking butter is impressive...While I feel I have conquered the scale "only" talk yesterday when doing my measurements I realised I started using "only" again. My body mass has been really shifting around I can see that in the mirror. I guess it's to be expected when I had so much fat to lose but it makes measuring waist & hips hard. It's gravity 101 my fat deposits are flattening but also dropping down at the same time. So after pulling out the tape measure last night and recording 5.5cm lost in the last 4 weeks. Centimetres coming from arms, thighs & chest I was pretty deflated. I have lost 4.1kg but that has translated to 5.5cm. (OMG it's so hard still to not write the word 'only') my mind is telling me it does compute, it should be more but deep down I know it will even out and it's a temporary deflation. I should be focusing that in 13 centimetres time I will have lost 1 metre off my body. That is the distance between my left middle finger with arm outstretched to my right shoulder, if I was one of the Incredibles I could wrap that arm distance around my entire upper body like a bow. Note to readers do not google 'things that are 5.5cm long' to try and obtain a visual aid many disgusting things medical related appear. ;)
Week 12 Milestone has been set today it's time to get the bike serviced, buy a membership pass to the pool and get training for the Pink Triathlon on the 27th January. I'm personally relieved that we get to swim in a pool and not dirty Port Phillip Bay... I'm participating in long course 300m swim/9km ride/3km run and will be grouped with some fellow 12WBT'ers known as the Shrinky Pinkys so if you want to join us the more the merrier. If you sign up before 15th December you go into the draw to win a Giant Avail Advanced 2 How awesome would this be for my upcoming Ride to Conquer Cancer?

No comments:
Post a Comment