Monday, July 16, 2012

Squee!


I Run Melbourne'd my arse off yesterday :)  I was stoked at my performance and my knee held up WooT!!!


The photo is of myself and another 12WBT'er Ashlea before the run.  We were feeling a lil bleh waiting at Fed Square but as soon as we made our way to the starting point it was excitement plus...


I also ran with my sister-in law Carolyn both the girls really spurred me on enabling me to give my best performance.  We were hoping for under 40 minutes but at the end of the day we completed our first 5km and set the benchmark time for the next event.  


So now I can't wait to sign up to Sandy Point Half to see how much I can smash my time by and it coincidently is on the eve of Week 12 so I see it as my final Milestone for Round 2.


41:53 is the time to beat, looking forward to buying The Age tomorrow so I can put my "overall place" & "age category"  in perspective...  I think there was around 7,800 5km participants if that's the case I'm in the top 49% OMG for a first run and being over 100kg I'm ecstatic...


Another high point I raised $400 for PetRescue... Donations are still be accepted so head over to Everyday Hero and donate away ;)


12WBT has really helped me understand the importance of goal setting.  I  look back on the first 6 weeks and can't believe the things I've already achieved.
  • Goodbye 7.9kg
  • 1000 Steps Kokoda Memorial Trail Completed
  • Run Melbourne 5km  Completed
  • Exercising 6 days a week (OMG)
  • Signed up to 10km Stampede 
8-9 weeks ago if you had asked me none of these things would of been achievable....  


In high school I used to get medical notes from my Chiropractor to say I couldn't participate in the School Cross Country because of my scoliosis.   I was in pain but it wasn't debilitating, I was for the majority lazy and wanting to escape my bullies.  I can't believe this behaviour was indulged by my Chiropractor & Parents.  I look at my teenage years & the precedent they set of inactivity in my early adult years to now.  
Haha and to think I voluntarily completed a 5km Fun Run yesterday and I still have scoliosis Oh My! 


I have my first PT session tonight with Nick,  I received 3 sessions with my gym membership so looking forward to seeing how many calories he can get me to burn in comparison to working out by myself following the program.  I will keep you updated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment