Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday I'm in Love!

The close of another working week and boy has it been a big one...

Last post I touched on being sick, well on Monday I totally crashed. So for the first time in three years I dragged my butt to the Doctor... I'm currently popping the amoxycillin and feeling human again. Unfortunately life goes on, client appointments which could not be postponed forced me to power through and here we are Friday with two days off ahead :)

I got my shit together tonight when I got home from work at 6.40pm and went to the gym to complete my fitness test. It was a JFDI moment as a friend had cancelled and I was thinking of bailing but having not been to the gym since Tuesday week since getting sick I owed it to myself.

Well I thought I was going to totally bomb the 1km between not doing any cardio for 9 days, & avoiding the Treadmill because of my knee (physio advise) but alas to my surprise I blasted 1min 33sec off my time WooT... It felt so good doing the running/ walking intervals so C25K here I come again Monday!!! I really stretched everything out so here's hoping there will be no aftershocks to my knee. I was also super impressed with the rest of the test I improved on everything but being able to complete a push-up on my toes.

I have a weekend of movement planned tomorrow I'm hiking at the You Yangs with the 12wbt Western Suburb Warriors.
1000 steps with a couple of good friends and fellow 12wbters at Dandenong Ranges on Sunday. Unfortunately this is going to be weather permitting due to forecasted hail/ thunderstorms but if I can't make it this weekend it will be rescheduled for the next and I will head to the gym for a Yoga session instead.

I am also very excited to report that I will finally have a crosstrainer. We have hired a ute and will be collecting it tomorrow afternoon. The commitment is to jump on it for 30-45 mins every morning (time depending on client appointments)& go to the gym to do Michelle's program in the evenings. I'm hoping I can call the next 4 week the Super Shedders. Enjoy your weekend everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment