Sunday, February 17, 2013

Finale Wrap Up

What a whirlwind the last 9 days have been!!!

12WBT Finale in Brisbane, holiday on the Gold Coast and I touched homeland yesterday afternoon.

What can I say about finale WOW!!!! This was my third finale and definitely the best! 
I was a lucky girl this time Mr G was there by my side, Cass was back with us, Carolyn (Sister in Law) & her hubby were there after completing her first round, my fellow warrior princesses Bec & Julie as well as some awesome VIC Crew members (you know who you are) but there was one person missing so the boys made sure they had your share of beer ;)

Friday began with an early flight, a scrumptious breakfast in Brisbane CBD & some retail therapy with the girls...  It wasn't long before it was time to pull on the workout gear and be chauffeured by Sarah a lovely member of the QLD Crew to the Margie Cummins workout.   It was great to be put through our paces there was a lot of running, push-ups  jumping jacks, lunges & OMG Burpees!!!  I definitely earned my burn & enjoyed a beautiful dinner along Southbank with my fellow girls and our partners.

Saturday another early wake up call it was time to haul butt to the 30+ breakfast & 12WBT Workout!


What a great morning!  We watched Lisa  be put through Mish torture on stage for the Fitness Challenge, Carolyn shake her cheer-leading booty for Best Dressed and then we experienced what could only be described as an Arse Whooping workout like nothing we had experienced before by our guru Mish Bridges.  I came in expecting another Body Attack session I walked out sweaty, exhausted and expecting DOMS.  Absolutely loved it!!! Definitely has me wanting to go buy her new Project DVD's.
Saturday afternoon was a blur it was the usual primping & pimping before a big night out!!!

I really got outside my comfort zone this finale choosing not only a red dress but a above the knee style.  I felt like a Million Dollars and that is what the 12WBT finale is really about the celebration of your achievements and making you feel great about them.   And what better way to do that with other ladies and your support crew who are also shining stars in their own journey's.

I really want to thank Mish's team for listening to our feedback from the previous rounds as this finale really was amazing!  Everything that has been a delta from the past had been rectified making it a truly all round fabulous night..  I honestly can't wait to see how you will improve upon Brisbane in Melbourne :)

There was a lot of wine & food.   The Top 20 were all so deserving of their titles and it was great to see that a Victorian took it out for the 4th round in a row...

We kicked on into the wee hours until we had to retire our shoes and weary heads.  Waking up Sunday morning bright eyed and bushy tailed ready to take on the Southbank markets and recover with some tasty not so 12WBT endorsed food.

Monday morning we headed to the Gold Coast.  G, Cass, Bec and her partner Trav.  Unfortunately Trav has not been well and spent our entire holiday in the Gold Coast hospital and is still there. I wish you a speedy recovery Trav & big hugs go out to Bec you have been such a strong women through all of this... Can't wait to see you both home in Melbourne soon.

Gold Coast was a series of pool, spa, beach, night markets & Dreamworld.

I was a little relaxed with my food & alcohol but did it all in moderation. I was happily surprised with only a 200g gain for the last 10 days of what I consider now to be an indulgent lifestyle.  It all comes down to your mindset and everything that we perceive a holiday to include is achievable.
If I look back two years ago when G & I holidayed up there we were eating Gelato Cones with 2 scoops, this trip I still ate gelato but opted for a piccolo cone which was a half scoop.  I honestly did not feel like I was depriving myself and I felt satisfied not full like if I had bought a 2 scoop cone.  Instead of drinking a bottle or two of wine a night I opted for one glass.  Holidays can still be enjoyed, hair can be let down but it's keeping in check that All or Nothing thinking...
Working out & keeping active also helps.  Our apartment was 1km from the Surfers Strip and most days we would cover 4kms getting to and from where we needed to go.  With the additional laps in the pool, surf & workout in the gym it all helps burn though calories from the extra little indulgences outside normal life.

For all the Queenslander's who read my blog  I take my hat off to you!!! Working out in your heat/humidity is hard work not only do you sweat before you start it feels like you have taken a shower in your clothes after the fact.
It's harder to breath and you just exert so much more energy to do the same workout than down here in Melbourne.  You Girls & Guys who put yourself out there everyday I salute you!!!

Ok there is so much I could include but I'm already thinking I've lost you in the length of this post.   So much is coming up in the next few weeks, so many milestones to smash that I will move it to a separate post in the next few days.  To wrap it up can't wait to see you all in Melbourne on the 4th May lets get out there and Smash up Round 1 2013!!!






2 comments:

  1. Great post Dayna and yes I was missing and guarantee that won't be happening again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dayna you look absolutely stunning and so so so very happy.

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete