The problem with blogging and converting to a healthy lifestyle is I'm spending less time behind a computer and more time exercising & cooking...
The food is amazing, it honestly doesn't feel like I'm on a diet to lose weight. I was at first very dubious on the portion sizes with the meat serves but I am not hungry, I'm not looking for food so hey Michelle knows her stuff... Thursday dinner of Chicken Laksa NoM! My first laksa ever, due to my ginger allergies I've feared Asian cuisine but with a few modifications of recipes the last couple of weeks my taste buds have become enlightened.First week in I did major ouchies to my knee, I've had it manipulated 4 times since and it's finally coming good which has meant no running. I'm probably a week away from getting back into training as I've been advised not to run until there is absolutely no discomfort. This forced my hand into getting a gym membership as working out cardio wise from home was no longer an option as I could only do activities that are low impact to my knee and Saturday just past was the first day I could walk without pain on the treadmill. Talking about Saturday WooP WooP it was my first Super Saturday Session (SSS) and I deposited 1021 Calories at the gym. :)
So the biggest challenge of this program for a 48hour + workaholic is the need to be organised... Now I'm not into freezing and reheating, I'm not a huge fan of microwaves and avoid where I can so everything for me is cooked on the day... The shopping lists provided are a godsend no having to think that out, forgetting stuff just get to the supermarket on a Sunday, fill my trolley and pay. Now the meals I do shuffle depending on prep/cooking time & knowing when I'm going to land home on any given day. But it's all manageable and no excuses if I plan ahead...
Coming back to organisation its imperative for exercise as well and mapping what I can & can't do on any select day a week in advance. Six days is the expectation is this always going to be doable NO! but I have to find a compromise. Last week it was can't do Wednesday due to early & after-hours training so on Thursday I pulled a 2 hour session. Done dusted move on...
I would love to just go on & on but it's nearly 11.30pm I have a 14 hour workday ahead of me tomorrow, for this one I have cooked the lasange in advance :) and yes I did say lasange. Till next time blogsters... To keep you visually stimulated until then feel free to have a look at my Pintrest inspiration board which I can't stop pinning to a work in progress just like me...
P.S 3.5kg lost ...
No comments:
Post a Comment