Sunday, May 27, 2012

Commitment, Goals & the whole Shabaz

I haven't blogged since my early 20's so enjoy my grammar, there will be no LoL Catting ;)

I joined the 12WBT predominately to assist me with my mindset issues & to get my arse moving. I am the queen of excuses when it comes to exercise. I let my partner call me out on my diet but boy if he says anything about exercise ReOw the claws come out...

The Pre-season tasks have been a great exercise

Get Real: All the excuse are out; Too cold, it's raining, too hot, too dark, too busy, too late, too early, didn't get enough sleep last night, work commitments, I can't afford gym membership/ PT/ Bootcamp sessions, don't have the right exercise equipment, nobody to workout with, dogs will get muddy paws, too sore, it's unfair on the dogs if I don't exercise with them are on the table now with solutions in place for self negative reasoning

Set Your Goal: I now have health & fitness goals in place for the next 12 months broken up into manageable increments.

1 Month Goals
Lose 5kg
Complete Week 4 of C25k program
Eat Clean, keep to 1200 calories
Make Lunch no more buying
Drink 2L of water a day

3 Month Goals
Lose 15kg
Run 5km without stopping: Run Melbourne 15th July
Burn 500-1000 calories 6 days a week
Be able to shop in Non Plus & fit into a regular 18

6 Month Goals
Lose 23.4kg (get to double digits for the 1st time in adult life)
Run 5km in 30 minutes
Burn 500-1000 calories 6 days a week

12 Month Goals
Lose 35 kg
Run 5km in 20 minutes at Mothers Day Classic 2013

Gear Up Setting myself up for success. I have purchased a new Polar FT40, ensured I have/or purchased required fitness equipment, DVD's to set me up so my excuses have no weight (pun alert)...

Commitment This was the hardest task for me, as deep down I can't see myself ever reaching my goal weight. I haven't been under 100kg since I was 16, I am now 31... I came so close to cracking double digits in 2010 I was 3kg off and boom old habits kick in... If I can't get to 99kg how am I suppose to get to 70kg? And this is why I joined 12WBT I am there because I can follow a program I just can't get past my own head...

I am always full of excuses of why I can't do something especially exercise. I say food is not my issue, but how many times have I secretly ate something I know I shouldn't be eating, been worried of not getting or felt cheated that I didn't get my half of a chocolate bar or shared meal etc., kidded myself that my larger portions of meat is because I need the protein for my metabolism, told myself my portion sizes aren't large because other people around me eat more.

I COMMIT to eating clean, not skipping meals & ensuring I have a mid morning/afternoon snack, taking my lunch to work and avoiding convenience, drinking at least 2L of water a day, not eating dessert every night, not snacking after dinner & reducing my alcohol content to sometimes and not most days.

I further COMMIT to exercise completing the C25K program, running without stopping on the 15th July in RunMelbourne, exercise between running days with programs Michelle sets or equipment I own. I COMMIT to keep moving 6 days a week...

And lastly I COMMIT to changing this psyche of mine to believe in myself & push through all the internal demons...
One day I WILL see myself as Beautiful...

Kitchen Makeover Nothing to throw out.. My partner is lucky I'm allergic to ginger so he still gets to keep his biscuits around, Ginger Nuts only in our cupboards... I have a list of pantry staples to buy & a herb garden to plant. I tried Special K for the first time in my life & yum!!! I don't generally eat cereals but have started eating muesli & porridge in the last 12 months. The biggest thing to keep out for me is red wine it's my Achilles heal, if it's not in the house it can not be drunk, the same applies to chocolate even the 70% cacao, NoM dark chocolate, this will only be purchased in individual servings as a sometimes treat throughout my weight loss journey...

Organise & Diarise I've started, but have a long way to go over the next day to lock it in. It actually made my night when I saw I should get 3 x 5km runs in before Run Melbourne if I stick to the plan...


So I've started C25K I'm up to Week 2 as of Monday, I feel dead but awesome every run when I look at my progress from the run before... It's only been 3 runs but every day my speed & distance have improved, everyday I haven't wanted to get out there but I have and it has felt great mentally, not so much physically LoL.

No comments:

Post a Comment